更新（美国东部时间下午 9 月 5 日，下午 1：50）： On day two of 布鲁克·斯凯拉尔·理查森#8217 trial, the state alleged that 特雷·约翰逊, now 21, was the father of her baby, according to WCPO 辛辛那提. In court, Trey claimed he and Brooke dated for about a month in Aug. 2016 and allegedly they had sex twice — one of those times without protection. He said he was unaware of the pregnancy, and claimed that Brooke blocked him on social media after the relationship. It was previously known that Skylar reportedly began dating a boy at her high school, 布兰登, in Jan. 2017 (just months before the birth).
源语言： Following multiple delays, 布鲁克·斯凯拉尔·理查森, 20, finally begun her trial on Sept. 3. That’s two years after she was accused of killing her newborn daughter, 安娜 贝尔, and burying the body in the backyard of her parents’ home nearly 48 hours after her high school prom. The former cheerleader was charged with aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter, endangering children, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse, which she has pleaded not guilty to — Brooke has always claimed the baby was stillborn. The charges are serious, and could even land the Carlisle High School alum with a potential life sentence in prison if she’s found guilty. Here’s what else you need to know about the trial that is now gripping America and Brooke’s suburban neighborhood in Ohio.
1. 布鲁克于2017年被捕，此前警方据称发现了她刚出生的婴儿的"#8220、烧焦的遗体#8221。 In July of 2017, Brooke’s doctor informed police that the recent high school graduate — who was 18 at the time — may have given birth to a stillborn baby, 根据人杂志. She had reportedly refused to return calls from her doctor after learning about the pregnancy, according to prosecutors. The doctor’s tip led to a search in her parents’ backyard, where authorities found the alleged “charred remains” of the baby and Brooke was arrested on charges of aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter, child endangerment, tampering with evidence and gross abuse of a corpse. Brooke herself had showed cops “the shovel she’d used to dig a hole” and “pointed to the grave site between two trees in her parents’ back yard,” according to a long profile in 大都会magazine published in March 2018.
2. 布鲁克·#8217的辩护是，新生儿据称是死胎。 The former cheerleader’s family reported that Brooke had given birth to a stillborn baby in her bathroom on May 7, 2017, nearly two days after attending prom (she even wore a figure-hugging dress for the occasion). Brooke allegedly “waited for hours for any sign of life” from the baby before the burial, according to her family, which 青少年时尚 reported in a Feb. 2019 profile. In August of 2019, Brooke’s attorneys even filed for a motion to drop all of the charges after it became unclear if the baby’s body was actually burned, according to 人. Annabelle’s exact cause of death remains a mystery.
3. 除了布鲁克和她的医生，没有人知道怀孕的事。 Brooke had battled eating disorders leading up to the pregnancy, so her family was actually happy to see the teen put on weight, according to the 世界性magazine profile. “You have a situation where, you know, she’s a cute high school, recent high school graduate; she was a cheerleader described (as) a good girl by her attorney as you heard after the arraignment. And I think that kind of perception is one that Skylar wanted to perpetuate and her mother wanted to perpetuate,” Prosecutor 大卫·福恩舍尔 of Ohio’s Warren County said in a press conference in Aug. 2017, according to a video that 大都会watched.
4. 布鲁克是一名活跃的高中生。 Brooke served on student council, and even volunteered by coaching cheerleading to kids with disabilities and working at the soup kitchen in her senior year of high school, according to 世界性.
5. 布鲁克被捕后在#8217的办公室工作。Brooke, who originally had plans to study psychology at the University of Cincinnati before her arrest, was working part-time at her attorney’s office when 青少年时尚published its profile in Feb. 2019. She was also taking classes at the local community college leading up to the trial, according to the publication.